This week, the book I'm sharing is Fancy Nancy's Slendiferous Christmas by Jane O'Connor. We are huge (I mean, HUGE) fans of Fancy Nancy in our house. We love Nancy's unshakeable spirit, her desire to be unique, and her fabulous accessories. As a mom who teaches English, reading, and writing, I also appreciate how the Fancy Nancy books introduce difficult vocabulary in a fun and memorable way. In this lovely little number, Nancy is so excited that Christmas is nigh that her impatience leads to a small disaster - and a lesson that sometimes the things we make with our own hands are much more meaningful than the flashy things we covet and buy. I give this book five out of five stars. A must have for your Christmas shelves!!
|You can order Fancy Nancy Splendiferous Christmas here.|
1. To enter the giveaway, you must be a fan of both BMoore Healthy and Alice in East Washington on Facebook. Also, you must be receiving The Owl's Skull's monthly newsletters. You can sign up for our newsletter in the right sidebar on the blog (where it says "Subscribe to Our Mailing List").
2. Use the Rafflecopter tool linked up below to enter to win (gosh, I hope you win. I'm a little jealous I can't;)). This giveaway is available to US residents only. Good luck! The contest ends Wednesday, December 17th at 9:00 PM. A winner will be announced shortly after that.
Enter and share away:)!! We both thank you, and wish you a merry, merry Christmas!! A/J
PS If you liked this post, check out our other posts on favorite gift books and cookies linked up below:
- R is for Rhyme: A Poetry Alphabet
- Little Twists (or My Favorite Christmas Cookies)
- Gyo Fujikawa's The Night Before Christmas (and the Ghosts of Christmases Past)