Wednesday, November 26, 2014

This is your heart, it's alive; It's pumpin' blood ...

In exactly 12 hours (it really is 9:00 PM here), I will be shooting off like a rocket from the starting line. Well, actually, I will probably be crawling along at the pace of a strutting turkey, but I'll still be putting one foot in front of the other in a running fashion.

My Dad and I are running our first 5Ks tomorrow. On Thanksgiving morning. Because that seems like the perfect time to run your first real race.



Turkey Trot
Trot it like it's hot; Trot it like it's hot.

To be honest, I'm pretty nervous. I am planning to run the entire thing if it kills me. If nothing else, it will get my blood pumping first thing in the morning on Turkey Day, clearing out the arteries for the onslaught of bad foods (and beverages;)) I will most likely consume later. I just hope I don't finish last.

Here's the thing though. I've been complaining all week about my Dad signing me up for this thing. But, underneath it all, I'm excited. I think it will feel great to be outside, in the cold, first thing in the morning. To see the city with my feet pounding along on the pavement, the music pumping through my headphones. Here's what will be playing. I think it's appropriate.

Hey heart, on the road again, moving on, forward
Sticks and stones won't break the bones
They're in the car, on the highway
It's so magical, feeling, that no one's got a hold
You're a catalyst to your own happiness you know
This is your heart, it's alive
It's pumpin' blood
It's your heart, it's alive
It's pumpin' blood
And the whole wide world is whistling.
("Pumpin' Blood" by NONONO)
 
If nothing else, I bought myself a brand-new pair of sweet-ass leggings to make the whole thing worth it. Wish me luck;). A/J



Post a Comment