Monday, September 8, 2014

My Favorite Vendors at the Country Living Fair

Good morning all!! I'm re-running this post from last September today, which runs down my favorite vendors at the Country Living Fair (being held in Columbus, OH this weekend - if you missed Friday's CL Fair Survival Guide, you can find it here). I am so excited to attend this year and see what new wares they'll have to share. Have a beautiful Monday (we're having lovely, cool early fall weather here in Pittsburgh that has put me in an excellent mood this morning:)).



Let's start with Modern June, which purveys "cool stuff for the hip housewife." Kelly, self-professed "oilcloth addict," stocks "retro-inspired" aprons, tablecloths, placemats, bags, and floormats, all made out of splashy, sunny, super-cute fabrics. My favorite thing she makes, however, has to be these party banners. Check out her two blogs in your spare time, Modern June and Oilcloth Addict.


Next on the list is La Bonne Vie Designs, where I found this fabulous 1955 edition of Eloise (more to come on Eloise later this week). La Bonne Vie displays a blend of original designs, including the Rockin' Roses necklaces showcased at the Etsy site linked above, and antique finds - notions, housewares, kitsch galore (the pic of me above was through the looking glass at La Bonne Vie). A must visit.


Wholly Craft! may have been my favorite booth of the entire day, filled to the brim with a laundry list of original, unique, one-of-a-kind finds: "clothing, accessories, jewelry, housewares, paper goods, baby gifts, plush creatures, zines/books, fine art prints, bath goods, and much more." They aren't kidding by the way. The mix is eclectic and divine.
Pretty printed dishtowels from Wholly Craft!
Wholly book journals, Nancy Drew!!
Two more. Every year I am so thoroughly impressed by the paper-cuttings of Jeri Landers, artist, author, and illustrator extraordinaire. Her exquisite Scherensnitte (or "scissor cuts") are painstakingly crafted, cut and painted with such a fine hand that my own digits cramp up just thinking about the work involved. I am especially drawn to the dark aesthetic of the more traditional silhouette versions she creates, but the full-color versions are magical too. 

  
Last, but most definitely not least, one of my favorite places to shop every year, Collected Over Time. They always have a thorough, varied mix of antiques and general finds. I mean, how special is this table, created by one of the owners out of handwritten recipe cards snapped up at estate sales?
Via
If you go, visit these booths and tell them Alice sent you;)). Have a great day!! J 
Post a Comment