Monday, September 29, 2014

Let's have a chat about yoga pants ...

I'll start with the simplest question. Why is it so frigging hard to find yoga pants that actually do their job? I mean, almost every pair of yoga pants I've ever had an intimate relationship with have been out-and-out failures. I can't even count how many times I have had to stop what I'm doing in my yoga class because my yoga pants have let me down. After two gigantic kids and two less-than-forgiving pregnancies, my cute-little-foldover, Pink-yoga-pant days are long gone. Yes, I love those pants. But they do not love me. Wonk wonk. Hence the vast number of break-ups that have landed many a pair of yoga pants in my trash can.

So, when Victoria's Secret sent me the Knockout Tight from the VSX Sport line from Influenster, I've gotta say I was decidedly skeptical. To test them out, I decided to wear them in each of my most trying of classes - Zumba, PiYo, and straight-out yoga.

Here's the deal. These pants DO NOT MOVE. I mean, they don't budge. They hold you tight, suck in your gut, and are supportive in the way that many husbands and boyfriends fail to be. The hidden drawstring waist is awesome, especially if, like me, your hips are larger than your waist. The "Body-Wick" fabric is also great. Let's just say that, like me, you need to run to the grocery store after your super-sweaty Zumba class. Do you want to go with sweat stains in all the wrong spots?

Plus, they just look super-cute.


VSX Knockout Tight Review
I swear my behind looks better in these pants. Props to the "nylon performance fabric."

I love the higher waist on these.
The Incredible by Victoria's Secret Sport Bra is also a win-win. To be honest, it looks like quite the contraption (with the cups, the back closure, etc.). But it held me in place, stayed in place, and is very flattering.


Victoria's Secret Sports Bra
Disregard the mess behind me. Ugh.
 
I don't spend money lightly. Anyone who knows me knows that this is an absolute fact, especially when it comes to clothing. But I would splurge on these yoga pants. They are the bomb. A/J

PS. Thanks to the Pittsburgh radio station WDVE, this is the only song I hear when I think about yoga pants. Those guys are jerks.


 *** I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Post a Comment