Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Seeing is Believing: One Month Down and Counting

I'm writing this post a happier person. I'm not happy because I lost weight. I'm happy because I am trying to find a self again that I thought I had lost - a girl who liked to line it up with the boys in the weight room, run on pavement, had energy and interests outside of my job and my kids, had something to talk about with my husband besides our jobs and our kids. That girl was buried somewhere I thought was undisclosed, and I believed digging her up again would be a challenge. It actually was a lot easier than I thought.


Motivational Quotes
And your old one. Via

It seems silly that one 24-day Challenge devoted to healthier eating and living could change me that distinctly. But it did. When I decided to take it on, I was committed. Ready to be someone different. Ready to admit that I drank way too much wine as a way to relax (I actually really don't like all the mommies-who-wine memes on Facebook, because they obscure a larger problem at work). Ready to admit that I no longer ate as healthily as I once did. Ready to admit that I was beginning to look and feel middle-aged. So making the changes recommended by the Advocare Challenge was actually pretty easy. And it became easier and easier because I saw such great results - mentally and physically. Seeing is believing.

I took these pictures so I could show the physical difference (I did lose 11 pounds and 10 inches - 4 inches in my waist alone). But I think the mental difference is more important . The smile on my face in the second picture says it all. I FEEL better. I wanted to stop assaulting my body, and I've started down a new path. I decided that I was worth it - worth what I would have spent every day on wine and coffee alone;), worth what I easily spent on one of my children in one month.

Advocare 24-Day Challenge Results

Advocare 24-Day Challenge Results

Our next big group challenge starts September 8th. If you're ready to make a change, message me and I can help you along. You can read more about the challenge here (and even order one if you want:)). You can read more about other people's success stories here. Who knows, you might be the next one:). J
Post a Comment