Thursday, August 7, 2014

Down time ...


Wow. I have been a really horrible blogger this summer. We've just been so busy. And sometimes, when I sit down to write, I think, I have no idea what in the hell I want to write about. I think all of us creative types go through this kind of creative malaise sometimes - a period when the batteries have to recharge. During these times, when my brain needs a break, I wallow in physical activity.

There have been some fun goings on around the Nest lately, and I'll have big updates for you soon. Here are a few pics from the last month:

I took the kids on an impromptu trip to Ohiopyle State Park to play in the water (more on this place soon).
Work continues on the basement/man-cave/diy dance-room. Here, the mirrors are going up:)!! I'll share a whole post on the space when it's finished.
I started painting the old gross linoleum floor yesterday. More on this also when I'm finished. For our other linoleum painting projects, look here.  

I'm on day 18 of my Advocare 24-Day Challenge. I will be sad when it's over! (Just kidding, I plan to keep going with the Max Phase after day 24). I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself until day 25, but I couldn't help myself. I'm down 10 pounds and feeling amazing. Stay tuned for my day 25 update:)!!

The kids popped some bubbles.

My pretties in the yard are finally growing and blooming - after two years. Check out this gorgeous girl.
I promise I'll be back in full force sometime soon. But now, I'm off to paint a floor. A/J
Post a Comment