Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Delicious Greek Salad (Sort of) ...

I just finished my lunch. Mid-way through my salad, I realized it was so unbelievably delicious that I had to stop eating and take a picture of it so that I could tell you about it after I was done.

Here's the breakdown. It's easy:

I used sweet baby lettuce as the bed for the salad. Then I topped it with one roma tomato sliced, one banana pepper from my mom's garden (cut in half and sliced), a handful of chopped dill (also from Nana's garden), and one serving of chopped chicken (I prepare a week's worth of this chicken for my salads by putting chicken tenderloins or breasts in a crockpot with a little broth and letting it cook on low for about six hours; you can then shred or chop it for your salads throughout the week). Over everything, I squeezed one fresh lemon and added a little reduced-fat feta cheese (I just had to; the salad wouldn't have been as good without it).

In the astute words of Rachel Ray, Yum-o. I think it was so good because of the freshness of the ingredients (nothing beats garden vegetables). I actually found myself trying to drink the leftover juice/dill out of the bowl. A/J
Post a Comment