Monday, July 21, 2014

Instant Refresh: Painting the Front Door


Painting Project 1: More to come this week:)!!
This post, well, let's just say it's not rocket science. Every home décor magazine you read, at some point, has rejoiced in the refreshing potential of a repainted front door. But I never truly realized how quick, cheap, and easy this project could be. All it took was one little can of mistinted paint on sale, a morning, and a brush.

The original: plain-old, boring-old white. Before painting, remove any hardware that you can (the knocker, for example) and tape off any glass.


I love to browse the mistint sale racks at Lowe's for cheap paint. If you're looking for paint for a small, simple project and you know you will never need that paint again, it's a great way to get paint at half the price (sometimes more). PS, I had enough paint in this can for two coats on the front door and the planters ... and then some. What else can I paint blue??
Here's the new door from the interior (I hate our ugly storm-door. One of these days it will be replaced with something more aesthetically appealing).
If you're looking for a quick and easy way to pep up the curb appeal of your home, this is certainly it. I'm already thinking about what color I will choose next year;). I don't think my husband will go with the pantone lilac:(. A/J

Post a Comment