Thursday, July 31, 2014

Day 11: The Beginning (My Own Transformation THURSday)

In the second picture, I had to leave my smile. It's big for a reason.
I honestly don't really know how to start this post. I've been weighing how to start it for the last day or two. I don't want to seem like a hypocrite (because I said I wouldn't be posting about dieting or fat-shaming anymore). But here goes.

I hate diets. They never work. I end up feeling disgusted with the process and fall right back into my old habits of drinking too much wine, over-caffeinating to get myself going, and eating all the wrong things - sometimes even more so than before. I'm now 37. I'm not interested in being stick-thin (and I'm not interested in fat-shaming anyone). I AM interested in feeling good about myself and feeling good in my own skin. I want to feel healthy. I want to have energy. I know what feeling good as me feels like. And I was so far from it just two weeks ago that I decided I really need to do something about it. It was high time to stop abusing myself. I was afraid of what might happen to me and my health if I didn't.

I saw on Facebook over the last six months several close friends of mine who had had success with this program called Advocare, especially their 24-day Challenge. Initially, I was skeptical. At first, it sounded like just another diet program. But they all kept saying that it was a lifestyle change, and the all kept going on about how much better they felt in general. And I thought, if they all feel this good (and look great - honestly, they seemed like they were glowing; their skin and faces looked different), it's worth a shot.

I ordered the 10-day cleanse (skeptic that I am;)). By day 2, I knew I wanted to continue with the whole 24-days and that I wanted to represent the company. It was that simple. I haven't felt this good in a long, long time. I haven't slept this well in ages (I've been going to bed at 10 pm and getting up refreshed in the morning; for anyone who really knows me, they know that this is craziness;)). I really don't miss the wine (except on Friday night;); again, sheer craziness). I've lost 7 pounds in my first 10 days and 6 inches (3 of those in my waist and 1.5 in my hips). But it's really not about the weight. It's about feeling better and being the best me I can possibly be, physically and mentally.

I'll let you know how I'm feeling after I finish the whole 24 days. If this is something you feel like you would be interested in, message me on Facebook (or at my personal Facebook if you know me well;)). The next challenge starts in September (right after Labor Day and back to school - what better time to focus on yourself and reset your goals??). And there are so many online and in-person resources to help you be successful (recipes, advice, workout ideas, and more). Plus, I'll be there to cheer you on. Here's to a healthier us:)). J

Yes.


Post a Comment