Saturday, June 7, 2014

Some thoughts on a Saturday morning ...


I have so much to tell you. First of all, I missed writing to you every day. Yesterday, I felt, for the first time in a very long time, like I could breathe again. You see, I had this gigantic albatross of a project hanging over my shoulders since late January, a project I spent more time brooding over than actually working on from the months of January to April because I just didn't have the time to invest in it. Then, May hit, and the hard deadline I had set for myself, and things went into overdrive. And I had to tuck you away in a corner.

So, now, I'm back. I've learned a few things (some for the second time around) over this last month and a week. Here they are:

1. It feels so much better to spend your time actually finishing something than to spend it thinking about finishing it.
2. You don't have to know or cover everything. To try is a fool's errand.
3. Large tasks are best broken down into small pieces. Large goals are achievable by stacking small goals on top of each other.
4. Working out at 6AM makes one very productive for the rest of the day (except around 2:00. At 2:00, you just want to nap).
5. Blogging keeps me sane. It allows me to have complete creative control over one thing, which I find absolutely delicious.
6. Never give up. Ever. Once you give up one time, it becomes so much easier to give up on everything else. Keep trying.

I have so many plans for the next few months of my summer vacation - lots of projects around the house, for the blog, vacations, reading. We are also leaving for Disney in 14 days (I.can't.wait!! Disney fanatic right here. I think I'm even more excited than my kids). And I have so many plans for me - my life. In some way, I feel like my life is just beginning. I can't explain it more than that. Anywho, I hope you keep coming back:). J
Post a Comment