Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Rap Sheet (The Week's Best in Looks, Books, Nooks, and More)

Here's what caught our eye this week at the Nest. Have a great weekend!! A/J

My sister-in-law bought this blanket from J.C. Penney for my mom for Christmas and my oldest is obsessed with it. So, I had to go and buy one for our house. It is selling online for $47.99, but I bought it today in the store for $14.99. And it is absolute perfection in a throw. Snuggly. Heavy but feather-light. The perfect napping blanket. You should buy one. Now.

This song, it just doesn't get old for me. Listen to it. It's amazing.

They're back. Bigger and better than ever. And I will have a pair before next fall.

My favorite quote of the week. #grimmwisdom I've decided to read every single Grimm fairy tale again. Every single one. Stay tuned for the Grimm Project.

This bit about why three is so much worse than two, from Jill AKA The Scary Mommy, is so totally true. I know it is true because I'm living it (see crocodile tears above).


These illustrations of fairy tales from the 1920s, many of which feature the absence of color, are visually stunning. Enjoy!!
Potato-chip Cookies. Need I say more??
I really enjoyed this woman's skewering of Gwyneth Paltrow and her "conscious uncoupling" in the New York Post. Maybe that makes me a bad person, but if feeling that way is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
~~~
Also, don't forget our Eden Gray Giveaway still running at the blog until March 31. This is the print for the children's skirt we are offering up (it's so cute, I think I want one for myself!!). You can also stop back and tweet again every day for more entries. Rack 'em up!! Jess


Post a Comment