Friday, March 7, 2014

The Rap Sheet (The Week's Best in Books, Hooks, Looks, and Nooks)

Here's what caught our eye this week at the Nest. Have a great weekend!! A/J

Naughty Alice perfume. Nuff said.
If you're a del Toro fan, this book, Guillermo del Toro: Cabinet of Curiosities, is an absolute must. 
I just found out we are most likely headed back to Disney in June. I can't wait to finally try Les Chefs de France
I came across, quite by accident, this super cool blog yesterday called Yummy Books. My favorite quote in the About the Blog section is this: "There is nothing as engrossing as the eating of a truly great meal and nothing that nourishes my spirit quite like the reading of a good book." Amen! Check the blog out (there's also a book in the works). (PS They're featuring a lemon meringue for Sylvia Plath today;)). 
It's Dr. Seuss's birthday month, and what better way to celebrate it at the Owl's Skull than with these weird and wacky drawings by the King of the Picture Book. 
As for clothing, I'm crushing on this elbow-patch sequin tunic from Harlow and Liv
I'm reeeaaaalllly looking forward to my trip to Washington, DC in May for the American Literature Association Conference. Kramerbooks and afterwords is on my list of places to stop. Kramer's is one of the coolest indie bookstores I've come across in my travels. If you're ever in DC, check it out! 
As for tunes, I've been on a Ryan Adams kick. Here's one of my favorites: "I don't remember were we wild and young? All that's faded into memory. I feel like somebody I don't know. Are we really who we used to be? Am I really who I was?"
Post a Comment