Monday, March 17, 2014

Mom Boot Camp: Day I


Today is day #1 of the Mama Sanity Bootcamp at my friend Betsy's blog BMoore Healthy. I decided to sign myself up for this because I am feeling completely insane as a mother and as a woman at this particular point in my life. My house is a mess; I am spiritually and physically worn down and wrung out. And I figured, why not make a little space in my day for myself and for making myself a better person to live with. I think you can still get on board today, so if you haven't yet, you should. I'm particularly loving the Facebook group and reading all of the posts from other women; it really helps to know you're not the only one struggling to cope with the stressors of life.

Hold on, I think I just fell asleep for a second;). 
Our challenge for the day was to think about and share our top three challenges of being a mother and the three things I'm grateful for. Here's mine:

My top three challenges are:
1. Spending too much time on social media, which makes me unplug from my kids (which is somewhat amusing, because here I am online - I am, however, also on a break at work). I need to cut way back on the time I spend online.
2. Figuring out how to excel in my career while also being a mom who is present, not just physically but mentally (I used to hate when my mom would half-listen to me, and I now find myself doing it to my own kids). I find myself trying to do 9 million things at one time because there is just so much to get done. My work days often start at 7 am and don't end until 10:30-11:00 at night by the time I finish grading papers/reading/writing for the blog, etc. And even then I don't get everything done.
3. Exhaustion. I am always tired. Always. I never get enough rest. My eyes are always bloodshot, to the point where people feel compelled to comment on it (it's really not helpful, people. I know my eyes are always red).

My top three things I'm grateful for:
1. My current job. The schedule is flexible enough that I can work from home certain days and be home with my kids in the summer.
2. Two healthy kids that are out of diapers and sleep like champions. Because that no-sleep/diaper phase royally sucks.
3. Books. I can lose myself in them when everything else gets to be too much.

If you're also a mom struggling to make sense of it all, sign up for Betsy's boot camp. The detes are below:

Cost: Free. Yep, you got it. 
When: March 17 – 28th (we will take the weekend off)
Where: All online via email and Facebook. 
Who: All mamas! My kiddos are little (4 and 1). However, even if your kiddos are in college, you are welcome to join. I am sure you have lots of wisdom to share. 
Feel overwhelmed? Forget who you were before you had kids? Want to feel better in your jeans? Want to have more energy? Crave more time for yourself? Know you should be eating healthier but have no idea where to start?
Sounds awesome right?? Plus you get a recipe via email every day. And Betsy sure knows how to cook:). A/J

Post a Comment