Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Rap Sheet (The Week's Best in Books, Looks, Nooks, and Hooks)

Here's what caught our eye this week here at the Nest. Enjoy, and have an amazing weekend!! A/J

"How can anyone possibly pay attention to a book with no pictures in it?" Good question, Alice. Some days I feel like this myself. Oh, and if you don't follow Disney's Alice in Wonderland on Facebook, and you're an Alice fan, you should. 
I have fallen head over heels in intellectual love with Guillermo del Toro this week. If you are also a fan, you should listen to this interview with the director from NPR's Fresh Air. Because this man, he speaks my truth. 
On that note, here's a bit from the fabulous people at Brain Pickings on J. R. R. Tolkien on the power of fantasy and fairy tales
I just started reading this book last night, and it is fascinating. While many books about monstrosity tackle the importance of monsters in terms of our individual psychological reactions to them, Poole investigates the cultural fascination with monsters in America, beginning in the colonies and moving into the present day. While academic in nature, Poole's book is highly readable. Give it a read. 
Mix Jim Morrison and Little Red Riding Hood, as Sun Gazing has done here, and you have a winner. 
I love this project from Upcycled Treasures!! So simple and so cool. It's Spring Break Craft Week here at the Nest, and this one is definitely on the list:). 
Oh, Val Kilmer. Your decline makes me a sad, sad girl. But this scene is beautifully ugly.

This beautiful creature is my daughter. I marvel every day that my husband and I created her. Here's the song we're singing this week, because of her. 
I must, must, must have this leather jacket from CiChic.com. It is perfection. 
That is all. Have a great weekend. You deserve it. Take some time for you. And enjoy it. 
Post a Comment