Thursday, February 27, 2014

Roasted Avocado =s A Revelation

How to Roast an Avocado
Yesterday, I came across this pin from Stone Soup about a Roasted Avocado salad, and I thought to myself, "Why have I not tried this before? That sounds like delicious creamy goodness." Well, let me tell you something, it IS.

Here's the version I came up with, which I tweaked from the Stone Soup recipe above:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Halve and pit one avocado (serves 2-4; more avocados for a bigger crowd). Then slice the avocado into eight slices.
2. Drizzle olive oil over the slices, toss them in the oil (to make sure the slices are evenly coated to prevent them from drying out), and then season with lemon pepper and a little salt (I looooooooove lemon pepper; it's an old fetish from childhood. I also think they would be good with paprika or cayenne or chipotle seasoning - they are a blank canvas).
3. Roast the avocado for about 15 minutes once the oven has reached temperature. Mine looked like this when I took them out (any longer and it seems like they would get dry).


4. I chopped mine into chunks to put over a taco salad. I also mixed them with the juice of one lemon, because I felt they needed a bright note.

Roasted Avocado Taco Salad
Delish!! And simple. Two of the most perfect words on the planet. A/J

Post a Comment