Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Rap Sheet (The Week's Best in Looks, Books, Nooks, and More)

Here's what caught our eye this week at the Nest. Enjoy!! A/J


I love the images of these Ice Princesses shared by Carrie Dorean Photography. Just lovely. 
This post from the Disney blog focuses on all the crazy hallucinogenic stuff Alice comes across in Disney's version of Alice in Wonderland, which makes one wonder what exactly those Imagineers were smoking. 
In case you missed it earlier this week, this post about the Bambolina Dolls from Principessa Boutique. 
These 15 Reader-Designed Covers shared by BookRiot are something to see (this one is by MrFury). 
If you are an academic, you will find this quite amusing and ridiculously accurate. 
If you've never heard about the glorious thing that is the Cookie Table, a feature at weddings here in Southwestern PA, you must read about it here
This Can You Guess the Novel by the First Lines Quiz kind of makes me feel like I'm back in the Intro to the Short Story class I took during my junior year of college, but it's fun. 
My amazing friend Laurie Keeney Courtney drew this. She really should have her own blog, because she is fabulously creative and witty. For now, however, I'll just feature her here:). Also, this one is a chalkboard palimpsest of sorts, because you can see the last amazing drawing underneath. 
Last, but not least, I want this broad-brimmed hat. And her hair. Definitely the hair.
Post a Comment