Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Rap Sheet (The Week's Best in Books, Looks, Reading Nooks, and More)

First of all, someone please tell me that this awful week was just a fluke. Bueller? ... Bueller? Despite all, we're staying optimistic here at the Nest. So here's the Rap Sheet, filled with all the things that caught our eye this week. Enjoy!! A/J

These heart shoe clips from Ban.do, shared by One Lovely Day: The Wedding Project Blog.
I know I posted about these pictures from Elena Shumilova once already this week, but I just can't get over them. They are simply stunning. The light. The cats. The snow. My goodness, they are perfect. 
These cards that tell it like it is from People I've Loved, shared by Daily Candy. You know, at some point, you have wanted to send a card like this.
Mission accomplished. 
Find out which Muppet you are with this quiz from Jen Lewis at Buzzfeed.  I was Beaker, which is no surprise. 
I've posted about this chandalier, Forms in Nature, from artist Thyra Hilden and Pio Diaz before, but it deserves a repost.  I'm not sure I would want this in my bedroom, but in my dining room, oh yes. 
I love this idea from Decorating by Day -  leave a heart expressing something wonderful about a loved one on their bedroom door every night starting on February 1st. Definitely trying this one:)!
Another pin, if you're thinking ahead to Valentine's Day, these Cute as a Button Valentines from the Thirty Handmade Days Blog.
Like everyone else on the planet, I'm on a diet. (This time I mean it. I swear). I made these Salsa Verde Chicken Tostadas this week from Skinny Taste (minus the tostadas) and they were so easy and delicious!! Well worth a try. Skinny Taste, btw, is my new favorite food blog. Great recipes!! 
A friend of mine shared this song from Del Shannon the other day. I've been listening to it ever since. 

I've been reading The Annotated Peter Pan all week. I'm so jealous of Maria Tatar I may need someone to heat me up some red-hot iron shoes. 
Post a Comment