Monday, December 30, 2013

Unboxing the Jolly VoxBox

I love those little packages that come in the mail that are filled with fun new things to try. Two of my favorites are the boxes I get from BirchBox (monthly) and Influenster (periodically). They always include stuff I've been meaning to try, but for one reason or another haven't purchased yet. On that note, let's take a peak inside this month's Jolly VoxBox.

Unboxing the Jolly VoxBox
First off, these Skinny Cow Peanut Butter Creme chocolates lasted about ten minutes. I was at least  able to snag one of them. They were indeed divine. Huge thumbs up from all of us at the Nest.

Skinny Cow Peanut Butter Creme chocolates ($3.99/box)
Next, I tried the NYC New York Color HD Color Trio Eye Shadow. This set of shades is very similar to my everyday eye-shadow palette, so I was excited to give them a shot. The shadows blend well with a brush (the one thing I did not like was the applicator; it was impossible to handle, which really wasn't a huge deal because I tend to use a brush anyway).

NYC New York Color Trio Eye Shadow ($2.99/trio)
While I was on the makeup kick, I tried the Rimmel London NEW Show Off Lip Lacquer. The product does provide both the color of lipstick and the sheen of a lacquer.

Rimmel London NEW Show Off Lip Lacquer ($5.49-$5.99)
I did find that it feathered some as it wore, and the shade is indeed a show-offy one, a lot brighter than what I would normally wear (it does come in 14 different shades, so I think I'll check out some of the others). Overall, however, it did make me feel very Marilyn Monroeish (it also wasn't drying, and it lasted a good while, even after some coffee and water). Here's my finished, glammish face;).

I'm also wearing the Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ Creme that I received in an earlier VoxBox. I just love the stuff!
I also received a cute little pack of Puffs Plus tissues (which I always seem to need and never have in my purse - now I will!) and a Ducklings Mini Roll, which they say is "excellent for repair, crafting, and imaginative projects." I have no idea what I might use it for just yet, but I will figure something out!

Puff Soft & Strong to Go Tissue Pack ($0.49/pack) and Ducklings Mini Rolls ($2-$3, in various prints and styles)
If you are interested in becoming an Influenster yourself (testing out and sharing new products), check out their website (www.influenster.com). Tomorrow is going to be an epic crafting/DIY day in our house! I can't wait to share the projects with you later this week:)!! Also, stop by tomorrow for our favorite posts of 2013. Much love, A/J

*** I received these products complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster.
Post a Comment