Friday, December 20, 2013

The Rap Sheet

Well, I've had a pretty f'ed up day (Thursday... it's now Thursday night). Here's hoping tomorrow is better. On that note, here's the Rap Sheet. Putting it together was the one happy spot in my day (besides my daughter saying, "I'm so glad I can roll my tongue into a hot-dog bun"). TGIF!! A/J

First up, this commanding book bag from Joy St. Claire. I really need a new tote for my class books, and this one seems perfect. 
What could be more delicious than an Alice-in-Wonderland-themed pocket watch? Yes, please. 
If you missed my I-Hate-the-Elf-on-the-Shelf post, you won't understand why I love this photo so much. If you read it, yeah, you get it. 
This gentleman on the subway, whose poem was included in the 365 Day Subway: Poems by New Yorkers project, is an old friend of mine. I remember many sodden, but thoughtful and thought-provoking conversations with him in our dinner club (more on this another time). This poem suits him to a T. You should read it, because it's very good.  
This dress. I want an excuse to wear it.
This toboggan. I'm obsessed with it. Does anyone else call them toboggans? #sledonyourhead
So, I felt like this old bitch in the shoe throughout much of the day today. There was an old woman who lived in a shoe. / She had so many children she didn't know what to do. / She gave them so broth without any bread, / and then she whipped them all soundly and sent them to bed. Just miserable. #nowhippingthough #dontbelieveinit #butclose ... I should have had this t-shirt
I really like the idea of the Kindness Elves. I just might do this next year (God knows I could be kinder myself). Read more about them at The Imagination Tree
If you are a reader, you absolutely must take this test. I'm a mix between Little House and the Babysitters' Club. 
This song about sums it up today. This used to be my ring tone. Come to think of it, I think it's going to be my ring tone again. 
Post a Comment