Friday, December 6, 2013

The Rap Sheet

Here's what we are coveting, reading, humming, and generally loving this week at the Owl's Skull. TGIF! J/A


Thinking outside the tree with Ohhhmhhh. I don't understand the words on her page (Dutch? German?), but this magical tree speaks for itself. 
I discovered the book Journey by Aaron Becker in the Huffington Post's list of Best Picture Books of 2013. It looks amazing. I'll be buying it this weekend. This magical print is for sale from the New York Times Book Review for $100 (seems like a great Christmas present ... hint, hint).
While we're at it, NPR's list of the Best Books of 2013. Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch is the next read on my list (it comes highly recommended). 
I adore these free chalkboard Christmas printables from Upcycled Treasures, especially the "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" one. It makes me smile.  
And while we're on printables, this super-cute excuse one from Goodwill Librarian
In case you missed it, this post about why I hate the Elf on the Shelf, because I think it's funny. This one from  People I want to Punch in the Throat is hilarious too. I laughed so hard I snorted yogurt out of my nose. 
I am obsessed with Nicole Curtis's show Rehab Addict, which started a new season this week on the DIY channel (that fireplace from the Minniehaha house!!). You should check it out. 
Thinking this should be my look for the dinner party I have to attend this weekend. 
This piece from The Atlantic on the evolution of the college library. Fascinating stuff. 
I read the amazing story "Baba Iaga and the Pelican Child" by Joy Williams in My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me: Forty New Fairy Tales today. It was haunting. Let's just say I will never look at an Audubon print the same way again. 
This Disney version of "The Cell Block Tango" from Chicago made my day. I hope it makes yours. 
Post a Comment