Sunday, December 29, 2013

The 2014 Tip Jar

A quick post tonight. Because I can't sleep again. Shocker.

One thing I loved when I was in my twenties and bartending my life and intelligence away was the tip jar. Counting up the tips at the end of the night was hugely satisfactory. I have to say, I would have been a bartender for life if I wasn't absolutely certain my looks would go (I didn't want to end up an elderly barmaid like some of the women I knew ... short shorts and cropped tops past the age of forty, even thirty-five, is just unfortunate).

So, when my husband shared this idea on Facebook tonight, I thought, this is kind of like the tip jar, only better. How much joy might one get out of counting up a whole year's worth of good returns? A/J

Via It's a Lovely Life 
Post a Comment