Friday, December 13, 2013

In the Mirror: Meaningful Beauty Creme de Serum Review



A few weeks ago, I received a sample of Meaningful Beauty by Cindy Crawford's Creme de Serum courtesy of Influenster. I was happy to test it out, since I have been hunting around for the last year or so for a serum/moisturizer that will, well, do it all (in short, I want the Wonder-Woman of face creams; I realize these are fairly high expectations;)). I've tried products from Lancome, L'Oreal, Bare Minerals, Patricia Wexler, Mary Kay (that particular one was a complete disaster - I ended up with what looked like boils all over my face), and Clinique, to name just a few. I would rank this particular Meaningful Beauty serum among the better products I have tried. Here's why.

First of all, I like the finish it leaves on my skin, even hours after its application. Often, serums can feel greasy or heavy, but this product is very light, makes your skin feel smooth, and has great staying power. I especially like to apply it before I use the Bare Minerals foundation, as it's an excellent primer for that particular kind of makeup. Second, the serum seems to have evened out my skin tone some. Being that I am blonde-haired with pretty fair skin, I am prone to redness, and the evidence of the blemishes I do still get here and there seems to linger forever. The Creme de Serum does address this redness, even if I wish it worked faster. Also, I have fairly sensitive skin that doesn't react well to certain products. The Creme de Serum was gentle enough for me to use daily (I would put up a picture for you to see the difference, but I look like hell since it's the end of the semester. It wouldn't be fair to the brand;)). When I finish out the bottle (and get some sleep), I will.

I will most likely purchase this product when the sample runs out. Which is saying a great deal, considering I've tried so many. To read more about it, look here. They are currently running a Special Offer on the Anti-Aging System for a great price. A/J


Post a Comment