Monday, December 9, 2013

Decorating for Christmas: More Ideas from the Owl's Skull Nest

A few more decorating ideas from the Owl's Skull nest this morning.

I found this yarn Christmas wreath at my local Goodwill this weekend. Though I didn't make it, it would be easy enough to construct. The base is a Styrofoam wreath form, and the yarn is simply wrapped around and around it. The red bow tops it off.  
We did make our Merry Christmas garland, with a kit purchased from Michael's for only $2.99 on sale. The kit comes with easy-to-follow instructions for kids, and my two enjoyed putting it together (all the while scarfing up corn muffins stuffed with huge chunks of butter, which explains some of the butter stains;)). 
The project got a thumbs-up from my crafters (they're performing circus tricks while waiting for it to dry). 
In case you missed our star tree the other night, which we put together with star ornaments found at Michael's, silver bulbs and white lights from the dollar store, and good old-fashioned tape. We were inspired by this tree at OhhhMhhh
On a completely other note, can you guess which book I just started reading? If you can, is it worth seeing through? I've gotten to the same place I got to the first time I tried to read it, and am on the verge of giving up. 
I love seeing your projects on Pinterest! If you have an account that I'm not following and you think I would love it, leave me a note in the comments, and I will be sure to follow. Much love on this dreary Monday from our neck of the woods. Thank God for Christmas lights. They make even the worst days seem lit from within. A/J
Post a Comment