Friday, November 8, 2013

The Rap Sheet

Here's what we are coveting, reading, humming, and generally loving this week at the Owl's Skull. TGIF! J/A


This post, interviewing the authors of the cookbook Alice Eats: A Wonderland Cookbook.
The Fallen Princess series from Dina Goldstein. Because happily ever after ain't always what it's cracked up to be. 
Browse this gallery of literary tattoos from The Goodwill Librarian. This one gives new meaning to a book's "spine." 
This malicious Maleficent printable from I Love Halloween, my new favorite Facebook page. 
The latest family singalong song in the morning - "Jolene" by Dolly Parton. You should hear my three-year-old belt it out. She gives Miss Dolly a run for her money. On another note, how beautiful is Dolly Parton here? She looks like a Guess model from the 90s. 
This post from Tor concerning little known facts about The Princess Bride, on its 25th anniversary. 25th!! Ugh. 
These are just great! The Disney Villains Happy Endings collection from Justin Turrentine
This post on the evolution of the word "dude," which I used in every other sentence from 1995-1996. 
I am obsessed with this Anthropologie coat, which is no longer available. I wanted you to share in my unfulfilled desires. 
I got these exact boots on sale at Wet Seal last weekend for $12.00 (with my frequent shopper card, they were only about $10.00). Super comfy, cheap, and kick-ass = perfection.
Oh, yeah, and this t-shirt. Which is awesome. Almost as good as the vintage one I saw at a Greenwich Village vintage store four years ago that was $75. #welcometothejungle #iloveslash #kurtcobainsweater
I had the honor of having dinner with Maggie Jackson this evening, who wrote the book Distracted: The Erosion of Attention and The Coming Dark Age. This book made me rethink many of my technological habits, about how those habits were affecting my brain, my ability to think deeply and reflectively. I can't guarantee those habits will change entirely, but I'm more aware of the negative influence of technology in my life. Worth a read. 
Post a Comment