Friday, November 1, 2013

The Rap Sheet

Here's what we are coveting, reading, humming, and generally loving this week at the Owl's Skull. (A little late, but we all gloriously slept in this morning. Mental Health Day). TGIF! J/A


Perfect for Christmas, these children's book tees from Out of Print Clothing. They have Caps for Sale, In the Night Kitchen, The Wizard of Oz, The Very Hungry Caterpillar - a fun selection:)!! 
This piece by young-adult novelist Robin Wasserman, from the "By Heart" series, in which "authors share and discuss their favorite passages from literature." Titled "Stephen King Saved My Life." If you were ever a Stephen King fan, this piece will speak to you. 
This rejection letter, written to Malcolm Gladwell for a draft of David and Goliath. All I can say to this is "ouch." 
I've just decided to teach this book by Jane Yolen in one of my spring classes. It is a beautiful, dark book. The overview: "Ever since she was a child, Rebecca has been enchanted by her grandmother Gemma's stories about Briar Rose. But a promise Rebecca makes to her dying grandmother will lead her on a remarkable journey to uncover the truth of Gemma's astonishing claim I am Briar Rose. A journey that will lead her to unspeakable brutality and horror. But also to redemption and hope."  
These literary coasters from Uncommon Goods. My favorites? Lolita, On the Road, and Pride and Prejudice.
This little bit, near the end of the segment, about whether you should or should not double-space after a period anymore, from The Dinner Party Download. First of all, if you're not listening to this show, you should - it is awesome. Second of all, I had no idea this was even a thing until I heard this yesterday in the car. No double spacing after the period? But then I looked back at my own typing, and realized I don't even do it anymore anyway, most of the time. Weird. 
I know it's after Halloween, but this costume from Urban Outfitters is just too much. With the tag: "Snoop Doggy Dogg, fo' shizzle. #halloween #uodogs#dogcostume #snoopdogg #creepitreal#urbanoutfitters"
Post a Comment