Thursday, October 31, 2013

All Hallows' Eve

My "Costume": Sugar Skull, Dia de los Muertos
For inspiration on how to do the makeup, see this post from Iris J
So, this is my favorite holiday of the year. You're not surprised, yes? Even though the wind whipped at our heels tonight, I love seeing our neighborhood lit up like a pumpkin, the houses glowing with an amber warmth. The leaves crunching under my feet. The flicker of the jack-o-lantern. The day reeks of fun. And chocolate.

Here are the kiddos' costumes this year:

For dance last night, Minnie Mice. 
Trick-or-Treat Costume #1: Night of the Living Dead Homecoming Queen ca. 1985.
Name: Zombina George
Trick-or-Treat Costume #2: The cutest little "Zom-bee" in town (she did her makeup herself). 
Next year, I've decided we are going to have one hell (he he he) of a Halloween Bash. Mark your calendars. A/J
Post a Comment