Friday, September 20, 2013

The Rap Sheet

Here are the unusual suspects that have us buzzing this week.

This nail lacquer (I love that word, "lacquer") from Ruffian, currently sold exclusively at Birchbox, arrived in my little Birchbox this week. It takes me back to my high-school days of a certain purple-black nail polish called "Vamp," the wearing of which ruffled my parents' feathers to no end.  
Visit the quirky, innovative living room of Emma, from the blog A Beautiful Mess
You will want to kick off your shoes, pour yourself a Crystal Head skull vodka, and spin a record.  How cute is that "Pot Luck," Julia-Child inspired rack? I really wish I had thought of that (along with everything else over at A Beautiful Mess - those girls and their team are ridiculously creative). 
I recommended Pessl's book last week in the round-up. I started it two days ago and I. can't. put. it. down. Every chapter ends with a cliffhanger (in true Dickensian fashion) that entices me deeper into the book's oubliette. Read it. Now. Stephen King also recently released his long-awaited follow-up to The Shining. Reviews of the book are strong. I can't wait to start it next week. Who needs sleep? 
This snarky send-up of the Whole Foods phenomenon from Kelly MacLean deservedly went viral this week, because it is f*!$ing hilarious. Namaste. Via
This video for the Roasted Strawberry Buttermilk ice cream from Jeni's Ice Creams has
had me salivating over the last few days. I'm going to try to make a homemade dessert tonight inspired by Jeni's. If it doesn't turn out well, I can always order a $12 pint here. $12 seems like a lot, btw, until you realize that they HAND-HULL all of the strawberries. Stay tuned for my recipe next week!! 
Enjoy the weekend!

Post a Comment