|Turns out, you can. Check out this Literary Fashion post from Looks and Books: Literary Fashion and Fashionable Literature. I want every piece Jill picks out below, especially those boots. |
What a cool blog, btw. New follower here.
1. Preheat oven to 425 and grease two roasting pans with olive oil and butter.
2. In a non-stick pan, brown turkey bacon over low heat, diced small.
3. In three separate bowls, place 1 cup flour mingled with salt and pepper, 1 cup sour cream mixed with the leftovers of this green tomato sauce, and 1 cup bread crumbs (unseasoned) mixed with 1/2 cup grated parmesan.
4. Slice two or three large green tomatoes (depending how hungry you are) in roughly 1/4 inch slices. Dredge tomato slices in first flour, then sour cream mixture, then bread crumb/cheese mixture. Place tomatoes on roasting pan. (Add more flour, sour cream, bread crumbs to the bowls if necessary as you go; for a lighter version, substitute greek yogurt for sour cream).
5. Place tomatoes in oven to bake. Flip after 7 minutes and bake until the crust is browned and crunchy.
6. After cooling, serve topped with turkey bacon crisps. And a few more cracks of sea salt and black pepper.
Oh, yeah. You must also wear a really cool apron whilst preparing said tomatoes. Check out mine.
|Because we all know who really rules the roost;).|