Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday the 13th Links

Today, I am thoroughly unfocused. Here's what has my brain popping around like a wayward firework this morning.
The Stephen King Swag offered up over at Book Riot yesterday. 
Our Halloween costumes for thisyear (blending the Three Little Bears with creepy heads reminiscent of furries/Miley Cyrus backup dancers). This is kind of how I feel about Sophie's current position in the household anyway. #goldilockstakesover Via A Beautiful Mess
This send-up of popular children's books from the Huffington Post, "What Classic Kids' Books Are REALLY About."
The Conjuring. Because this morning, as I was enjoying my coffee and reading the paper, three toys went off in the span of about five minutes (a dinosaur, a car, and a mini-computer). I finally said, "Good morning. Hope you have a nice day." The man who previously lived in the house for 43 years passed away on Wednesday. I hope he hasn't decided to take up residence again. Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetle ....
This video from Billy Joel, which completely freaked me out as a young MTV addict.
I am very anxiously awaiting the arrival of Night Film by  Marisha Pessl, which should be in my mailbox any day now. I really enjoyed her first book Special Topics in Calamity Physics (it wasn't perfect, but it kept me engaged down to the last page, which was when I said "WTF just happened here"). 
This etsy shop and website, Blooddrop, devoted to "whimsical perfumery and fine corsetry." 
And this etsy shop for Dark White Arts, filled with very reasonably priced cemetery photography, terrifying crafts, and gothic jewelry. Melanie, one of the owners, made me a sugar-skull necklace last year that I continue to wear faithfully. Stop over and check them out. 
See. I told you I was all over the place today. Not to mention the fact that my husband pointed out that I have 13 letters in my name, and that I was born on the 13th. I see a pattern here. Well, I'm off to the Country Living Fair, in search of poison bottles. I'll be back. Muahahaha {a word that, incidentally, just made it into the dictionary. From Merriam-Webster: "Muahahaha (interjection) : An annoying and demented form of laughter. Doctor Evil in "Austin Powers" movies always laughs like, "Muahahaha..." and everyone follows suit for fear of death."}

Ok. I really need to focus now. These papers aren't going to grade themselves. 

Post a Comment