Friday, August 9, 2013

Door Knobs and Drawer Pulls (A Character Study) ...

As Andy Warhol once said, sometimes "You need to let the little things that would ordinarily bore you suddenly thrill you." On that note, here are a few of my favorite door knobs and drawer pulls from around the house.

I bought this one a long while ago at Anthropologie and kept it sitting on my desk.
I knew its future home would emerge one day. 
This one looks like it has a minuscule galaxy swirling madly inside it.
Lost drawer pull=new life for an old dresser. 
From the antique "sink" in our bedroom. 
All of the doorknobs in the house (built in 1936) look like this.
They remind me of the details of a classy old coupe. Also, I know I could
polish them, but I like them weathered. 
From the dresser in our dining room.
I have admired these drawer pulls since I was a little kid,
when it was housed in my brother's bedroom. 
The latch on the corner cabinet my mom salvaged out of an old basement
and my grandfather restored. 
The pressed copper pulls on the piece my father made for my wedding day. 
Do you have a favorite drawer pull or doorknob filled with nostalgia? Or an obsession with simple objects that strike you as exceptionally beautiful?



Post a Comment