Saturday, June 1, 2013

The ABCs of Rock ...


Every morning, before we rocket out of the garage to start our adventures of the day (ie school/work/etc.), I crank up the radio, slam the stick shift into reverse, and tell the girls, "Let's rock n' roll" (I like to think I'm in Ferris Bueller's Day Off and I'm in a red Ferrari GT). Music is a major part of the day in our world. My kids can belt "Mama's Broken Heart" with the best of them.

So, when I saw this picture book earlier this week at Half Price Books for $2.00, I knew it had to be a part of our library.
By Melissa Duke Mooney, with rocking illustrations from Print Mafia (and endorsed by Iggy Pop), The ABCs of Rock is a trippy tour of some of the greatest bands of the last five decades. Granted, parents will probably enjoy this one more than their kids, but who's counting. We need to have a little fun too. I also have an idea for a Saturday Night Project with this book for the playroom. Stay tuned;).
---
Another rollicking book we just got is Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes. My sister-in-law bought this book for us after the loss of Pete the Cat last month. Pete is a rock-star cat. We love him.
Peace out. ~Alice (aka jess)
Post a Comment