Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Shopping for a Bathing Suit Sucks. Period.

If there ever is one piece of clothing that symbolizes, for me, days long gone, it's my white cherry bikini - a vintage-looking number that made me feel like a million bucks. Alas, I wore it so much that the elastic started to disintegrate, and I had to throw it out. I also, um, outgrew it.

Via
Imagine this as a two piece, with some red ties, low-cut bottoms. I saw it on Charlotte on Sex and the City (in the episode where the ladies get kicked out of the roof-top pool in Samantha's building) and ordered it (it cost an arm and a leg, I recall). I think it was by Shoshanna. I'm depressed I don't have a picture of me in it somewhere.  
The one-piece is more my speed these days. Unfortunately. I took my kids last Friday to Old Navy to try on suits. I took a few bikinis into the dressing room with me, slipped one after another on, my frustration mounting. My oldest daughter finally said, "Um, Ma, those aren't working. I mean, they're cute, but not for you." Ouch. 

I did end up with a suit I actually like. This one. And on sale last Friday, it only cost me about $18. 


I usually don't like a one-piece, but this one is very comfortable and light-weight, and I love the colors, the low dip in the front, and the boho look of the contrasting prints and the ties. You can find it here

Good luck in your own bathing suit adventures. May they be less traumatic than mine. Oh, and I almost forgot, I had to share this little bit about Pinterest that my brother-in-law shared on Facebook. Apparently, my sister-in-law has been a little project-crazy the last few weeks. 


Too funny. See you tomorrow night! ~Alice (aka jess)

Linked up at ...

Wow Wow Wednesday with This Girls Life
Post a Comment