Sunday, June 2, 2013

Saturday Night Projects: Duck Tape and Doormats

When I was a kid, growing up in rural Southwestern Pennsylvania, duct tape was always referred to as "West Virginia Chrome" - and it could fix anything (sorry, if you're from West Virginia. Beautiful state). My mom is a master with the stuff. A true duct tape artist.

A few weeks back, I pulled these mid-century folding chairs out of the shed, left behind as detritus by the previous owners, and I thought they would make great extra chairs when we had company, especially on the back porch. The plastic seat covers, however, were in terrible shape. Duck Tape to the rescue.

Basically, I duct-taped over the existing seat covers, after scissoring off any excess original plastic that would have made for a not-so-flat surface. (I also decided to spray-paint the doormat; that's what's going on in the bottom right-hand corner;) (see below).)


Here they are, along with my little assistant:)!! She really can make anything look cute.


The other project I tackled was spray-painting the front door mat. Back when I was in high school, I became obsessed with using Spanish punctuation with English words. I figured that old quirk would spice up a simple Hello here (and it would mean my doormat was truly personalized;)).


Off to Zumba to work off the 9,000 calories I ate at the baby shower I attended today (super-cute; ideas forthcoming;)). Happy Sunday Funday! ~Alice (aka jess)

 Linked up at...
 

PinkWhen
Post a Comment