Thursday, June 27, 2013

In My Cart...

Once this project is wrapped up, I'm looking forward to doing some reading. Here's what I have in my cart.

(1) The Kingdom Keepers: A good friend of mine recommended this series today when she dropped by for coffee. It looks like a fun literary romp through Disney World. And you know how I feel about Maleficent.


2) The School for Good and Evil: Maria over at I Believe in Story recommended this book on her blog the other day (if you are a literary type and you haven't checked out her blog, you should. I especially love her Literary Fashion posts, in which she provides her take on what characters would wear in today's sartorial universe).


3) Little Altars Everywhere: I already read this book, when I was about 20, but I loved it so much I want to read it again, just to experience Viviane Walker one more time (my mother's name is Vivian, maybe that explains part of her draw on my imagination).


4) The Silver Star: I was absolutely obsessed with The Glass Castle, Jeannette Walls's memoir of her crazy, complicated childhood with two parents who were at once luminous and utterly loony. If this book even half lives up to The Glass Castle, I will be happy.


5) Shadow of Night (#2 in the All Souls Trilogy): I bought this book last year. I really meant to read it. I didn't. The perfect kind of summer book, though. Little intellectual investment. Fun. Mysterious. Perfect for my upcoming trip to Cape May.


I have a lot of reading to do. Now, to finish writing. You know you've been reading and editing too much when you comment on someone's Facebook status and then hit control +s to save LOL. BTW, any books you think I would like, please share:)!! I love recommendations from friends. ~Alice (aka jess)
Post a Comment