Friday, May 3, 2013

Who is this woman, and why is she wearing Mom Jeans?

Via Too Hottie for That Body. How appropriate

If you are a woman of a certain age, say over 35, you know "that day." You pull out clothes you wore last year for the oncoming season (usually summer) and find that none of them fit. And I mean really don't fit. As in trying to pull on jeans that you wore in 1990 that you had to lay down on the bed and suck in your stomach in order to zip them up ... when you were skinny.

I, lately, am not living inside my best self. I don't feel healthy. I am always tired. Stressed out. I'm getting fat, especially around the middle. And I refuse to continue living inside a body that feels abused. I do work out, but as a second job (I teach fitness classes on the side), so that's not an entirely healthy release valve either.

But here's the thing. I have grown extremely lazy when it comes to being healthy. You know that old adage "Old habits die hard"? I often feel it just takes too much effort to eat well, drink less, sleep more etc. etc. It takes commitment to be healthy, and I typically would rather commit myself to my wine glass at the end of a long day than do a little yoga. Delicious Blush trumps down dog every single time.

I'm trying to be completely honest with myself here. So here goes: You need to wake up, missy. You have entered the Mom-Jean Phase, and it's not pretty. Unless you commit to getting back in shape, you need to hang up those Pink yoga pants, because you look like the ridiculous "cool mom" Amy Poehler played in Mean Girls in her way-too-Juicy Couture sweatsuit. It is high time you treat your body with more respect. ~Alice

Post a Comment