Thursday, April 25, 2013

Poppin' Tags ...

And I had more than $20 in my pocket. 
This past Saturday was the first Saturday when I didn't have to be somewhere, at some point, in, oh, probably five years. I'm not joking. I used to teach Yoga on Saturday mornings, and just recently decided that I really want to spend that precious time with my kids (there will be time for yoga when they want to do their own thing on Saturday mornings:((). So, on this delicious day when we had nowhere we had to go, we went thrift shopping (which my oldest daughter has been really into lately. Thanks, Macklemore;)).

I really love to thrift. I love the thrill of the hunt. I love paying very little for something I know costs a hell of a lot more. This past trip, I got a ton of stuff for about $80. I'll spare you the rundown of everything we got (it would take a while). Here are a few of my favorite finds.

Snuggly sweaters, from French Connection and Kimchi & Blue (only $2.99 a pop)
Breezy blouses just meant for Spring ($1.99 each), some super-cool "thrifted" (aka most likely lifted) hangers ($1 for 3), and some new jeans (because my fat ass can't fit into my old ones, $10 for both). 
Goodwill is my bookstore. Each book cost $.99, except for the Warhol (hardbacks are $1.99). I was so excited to find Erma Bombeck's The Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank. I have realized lately that her writing was a huge early influence on me. I found this book at a friend's house when I was about 9 and read it at least four times. I thought it was hilarious. 

Last, but not least, this Banana Republic bomber, which I plan to wear over a long, flowy dress. Which I hope to find at a  Goodwill very soon;). $5.99 people. $Five.Ninety.Nine. 
Now, I have a lot of reading to do;). Happy thrifting! ~Alice

Linked up at...

Post a Comment