Late last night, I got an email that I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by AllisonLeighann (I love the byline for her blog: "if you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story"). I'm honored to be mentioned via this bloggy way of sharing the love, especially by such a cool fellow blogger.
So, I will go on sharing. Here are 15 blogs that I would like to nominate and a short bit about why I like them so much.
- Dining with Dostoevsky (A smart and insightful blog about keeping your cool through cooking while suffering through the dissertation)
- Sylvia Plath Info (Because Peter K. Steinberg, who runs this blog, is a genius about all things Sylvia Plath)
- The Plath Diaries (Maeve O'Brien is an Irishwoman obsessed with Plath, and she has a confidence in her own ideas that I admire)
- A Catlike Curiosity (For her cool link-ups and cute artwork)
- All My Happy Endings (I like her playlists)
- I Believe in Story (For this post about her fairy-tale collection)
- Just Dawnelle (Her Falling for Friday mood boards and bloghop are hip to the nines;)).
- Peacoats and Plaid (I love the look of her blog)
- Westover Manor (Her header image rocks my world, as does her photography)
- A Spot of Whimsy (For her whimsical take on subjects I share an interest in)
- A Beautiful Mess (I love the title of her blog, and her style)
- Super Punkrock Mom (Because I also like foul mouths and Hello Kitty)
- Literary Inklings (She celebrates the art of prose and the magic of books)
- Story of a Girl (I dig her red lipstick, and her "pleasant nightmares")
- The NonMartha Momma (Because I really hate Martha Stewart, just a little;))
Next, I'm supposed to share seven things about me you didn't know. Here goes:
1. I hate to buy socks or belts. I regularly wear the same black belt I wore my senior year in high school. It fits a lot tighter now though:(.
2. I like villains better than victims.
3. I teach Zumba classes in my spare time. A lot.
4. My favorite childhood book is either The Monster at the End of This Book or The Giving Tree.
5. I just stopped drinking wine during the week. Which is not making me happy. At all. But it is making me skinnier.
6. I love to cook. Perhaps more than anything else in the world. It's therapy.
7. I have a really hard time reading for pleasure anymore because I read so much for work. I mean, it is nigh impossible for me to sit down and just read a book for enjoyment.
If I nominated you above, and you want to share the love some more, here are the rules:
- thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- include a link to the person who nominated your blog
- select 15 blogs/bloggers that you have recently discovered or frequently visit and nominate them for the award.
- include a link to all 15 of the blogs/bloggers that you want to nominate.
- and lastly, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Peace out. ~Alice