Wednesday, March 27, 2013

In the Confessional (and the Liebster) ...

Via
I am the type of person who is really terrible at holding her tongue. Trust me. I've read the advice that "The Wise are Silent." I admire people who are capable of not letting the cat out of the bag, so to speak. But sometimes, I think the silent only seem wise because they don't say anything that might be construed as stupid. I like to think that my verbosity is brave, at heart, that I am willing to put myself out there and sometimes look ridiculous. Wishful thinking, perhaps. 

I'm thinking about the confessional today because, this past week, I was honored to be chosen for the Liebster Award by two of my fellow bloggers, Justina at Justina Who and Jules at A Dose of JulesThe Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers by their peers in the blogging world....(or so I'm told;). Thank you ladies. You are awe-some:). The Liebster asks you to reveal little details about yourself that your readers might not already know. So .... without further ado, step into the box. I promise to say 10 Hail Marys when I am finished;). 


Eleven Facts About Me:
  1. I am really, extremely impatient. Which makes me awesome to live with.
  2. I collect editions of Carroll's Alice books, the weirder and goth-er the better. 
  3. I also adore The Gashleycrumb Tinies by Edward Gorey, which is a really mean-spirited, terribly funny little book. 
  4. I grew up in the middle of nowhere alongside train tracks. I think I was initially from the wrong side of said tracks. 
  5. I was raised Catholic; I now prefer to think of myself as a lapsed one. That does not mean, however, that I am not a spiritual person. If you were brought up Catholic, you probably know what I mean. 
  6. The Puritanical side of me hates all forms of pomp and circumstance. 
  7. I teach one really killer Zumba class. I swear it. 
  8. I am a Gemini. 
  9. I am borderline dysfunctional because of my OCD.
  10. I just discovered my first gray hairs. Which was awesome. 
  11. I adore Martha Stewart, but I run out of patience about mid-way through any kind of crafting project.

Eleven Questions From Both of My Nominators:
  1. What's your favorite book to give as a gift? I usually give pop-up books by Robert Sabuda if I can find them. They are so intricate and amazingly detailed, especially for kids. 
  2. What is your favorite song right now and why? Merry-go-round by Kacey Musgrave. I love good country music that makes you feel something. Jamey Johnson is another favorite of mine.
  3. What is the greatest lesson you have learned thus far? Not to get so worked up over everything. This too shall pass. 
  4. Do you sleep on the right side, left side or smack dab in the middle of your bed? Depends when I have to get up, but always on my side. 
  5. What is your middle name and do you like it? Renee. I don't hate it. 
  6. What is your favorite brand of jeans? Lucky. I like how the zipper says "Lucky you." That makes  me laugh. 
  7. Watch TV or read a book? I hate to admit it, but watch TV. I read so much for work that the last thing I want to do when I sit down to relax is read more. 
  8. What's your favorite holiday? Halloween of course.
  9. What is your favorite 'throwback' movie? Goonies. Hi-lar-ious.
  10. If you could only choose one: Facebook or Pinterest? Facebook. Hands down.
  11. What do you splurge on? Haircuts, foundation, and really good dinners out. 
I Nominate the Following Blogs:
My Eleven Questions to You:
  1. E-book or real book? Why?
  2. What is your favorite book?
  3. Do you like to buy socks? Why or why not?
  4. What was your last really embarrassing verbal slip-up?
  5. iPhone or Droid?
  6. Why did you start your blog?
  7. Who do you think is hilarious on Twitter?
  8. Hair: Short or long?
  9. Disney World: Love or hate?
  10. Have you ever been to Canada?
  11. What is your favorite city?
Phew. That was kind of tiring LOL. Let me know if you decide to participate....but don't feel pressured to, especially if you have already done one of these. Catch you tomorrow!! ~Alice
Post a Comment