Friday, March 22, 2013

Bring it on, Abby Lee...


As most of you know who read my blog, my oldest daughter dances competitively. We also live in the Pittsburgh, PA area, which means that I knew at some point we would cross paths with the infamous Abby Lee Miller. This is the weekend.

I am curious to witness, even if from afar, the behind-the-scenes machinations that go into the production of this show. I've been a rather vocal critic of the program among my circle of friends, especially of the mothers who allow their children, not to mention themselves, to be berated by a woman who seems to revel in striking fear in the hearts of young dancers and generally antagonizing everyone else. Such, I realize, is also the nature of reality programming. I'm always wondering how much is fact and how much is fiction. How many of the fights are contrived. How much they film before the dancers even take the stage.

I doubt this weekend will clear up any of these mysteries. But it should be interesting. ~Alice
Post a Comment