Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Scrooged ..

Last night, while in the midst of my ironing project (I've decided to iron everything in my closet that needs to be ironed before the second semester begins; crazy, maybe, but think how nice it will be to just pull out a shirt and a skirt in the morning and throw it on!!), I switched on A Christmas Carol, the one with George C. Scott. This movie has always been a favorite of mine during the holiday season (others include National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Scrooged, It's a Wonderful Life, The Nightmare before Christmas, and, of course, A Christmas Story).

I actually appreciate this great tale by Dickens in all of its forms: the ghost motifs, the flashbacks, the Grim Reaper (Why is the Ghost of Christmas Future the Reaper, by the way? An odd choice, since it seems so, well, morbid). In honor of the great tale, a few of my favorite scenes from the various versions:

"Old Marley was dead as a doornail." But apparently not dead enough.

"Look Frank, it's a toaster!"

"Heatwave! This is my island in the sun." That one still makes me laugh, 
probably the only part in the movie worth watching though;). 

And, of course, the book itself. Always worth another read this time of year.

via
Happy vegging;)!! ~Alice
Post a Comment