Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Time Warp (Tuesday Tidbits)...

Come up to the lab and see what's on the slab ...

Tidbit 1: I've been in a bit of a flashback mood today, stuck in a past dimension, which started me thinking of time warps ... again. For some strange reason, since I was my gangly thirteen-year-old self, I have loved The Rocky Horror Picture Show. My mom introduced me to this movie at about that age right around Halloween, and my friends and I used to watch it obsessively, learning all the lines, doing the Time Warp again and again. For some other strange reason, I only remember the first part of this film. I have utterly forgotten the second half. Probably because we used to put in the VHS tape late at night and I would fall asleep about midway through. To be thirteen again, in all its awkward, awakening glory.



Tidbit 2: If you are in the Pittsburgh area, check out Owl-o-ween at the National Aviary.  Per eventful.com: "Celebrate Owl-O-Ween and meet some of the National Aviary's spookiest residents. A special Halloween-themed free-flight bird show in the Rose Garden will add to the fun. Guests will also have the chance to trick or treat by collecting candy at each encounter they attend. Children 11 and under who wear a costume receive free admission."

So two owls walk into a bar...
Don't dream it, be it. ~Alice
Post a Comment