Friday, September 14, 2012

Don't come around here no more ...

In honor of this fabulous Friday, two of my favorite songs, which I will be rocking out to shortly on my way to work this morning.

First, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' "Don't Come Around Here No More." This commenter on the youtube site for the video ("trashywilma," what a name) sums up its place in my imaginary (I am, after all, a Gen-Xer): "I remember being fascinated by this video at the age of 6. It was so trippy and the cannibalism scene at the end so horrific (at least to a child) that it greatly impacted my little mind. I think this video and ones like it (The Cars 'You Might Think') warped me, and for that I am grateful." I am wondering right now, however, whether being fascinated by grown men eating a woman like cake or holding a tiny woman in the palm of their hands is such a good thing. Nevertheless.


Next up, "White Rabbit" from Jefferson Airplane live on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour. Man can that woman sing.



Enjoy, and ... Remember, what the Doormouse said, FEED YOUR HEAD ...
Post a Comment